but feel free to ignore the last bit; I'm not going to tag anyone. Just steal this if you feel like it.1. You must post these rules.
2. Each person has to share 10 things about them
3. Answer the 10 questions asked to you and invent 10 questions the people you tag will have to answer.
4. Choose 10 people and put their icons on your journal
6. Not something like " you are tagged if you read that"
7. You have to legitimately tag 10 people
8. No tag-backs
10. YOU MUST MAKE A JOURNAL ENTRY. NO COMMENTS. Unless you're commenting about the actual entry
10 things about me:
1. I'm actually fairly awful at talking about myself; my mind just sort of goes blank. At any rate I feel a little uncomfortable talking about deeply personal stuff, so most of this will probably be stuff of little consequence.
2. It's been so long that I'm not actually sure what I look like with my natural hair colour any more. It's not been seen in probably close to ten years.
3. My comic, which I started writing in 2010 and has been online for about a year now, is quite possibly the best job I've made at sticking to a plan as far as creative stuff goes. Admittedly, my Grace Era fiction stuff (starring Veldrin, Lesainar and the rest) has been kicking about since 2002, but in the form of snippets of story, or stories I've never finished, scrapped, started over again and then abandoned in favour of completely re-working everything, that I'm not sure it counts.
4. I've managed to set fire to the kitchen twice: once when the microwave exploded (????) and once when something near the stove caught fire. Oh well, at least I got to sit in a fire engine with that one. We all learned a valuable lesson: me cooking unsupervised is generally a terrible idea.
5. I am very fond of small fuzzy rodent-y creatures, and currently share my abode with our two chinchilla overlords, Her Imperial Majesty Kitty (Minister for Bi-Lateral Whisker Wiggling) and Crown Princess Kassy (Poopmaster General.)
6. I like spiders, and snakes, but I'm shit-terrified of snails.
7. I somewhat need to be kept out of the sun, and have a nasty tendency to burn even while wearing factor 50 sunscreen.
8. When I was a teenager, I was told by several other teenagers that I was too "wierd" and would need to grow out of this whole "being creative" thing if I ever wanted friends, a job or a boyfriend. I'm 27 now, forgive me while I just
9. Last year, I got concussion from running face-first into a sliding door. I know my friends are good friends, because once they'd checked I was OK, they proceeded to laugh hysterically. They felt a little bit bad when the next day I found myself in A&E. I love you guys....<3
10. I am particularly fond of coffee and pretty much drink it for the taste, regardless of whether it wakes me up more or not. I don't mind if it's decaff. Really. (Nobody ever believes me when I say this.)Okay, these are my ten for you!
1) What do you hold morally important in your life? Is there anything sacred which you WILL NOT allow exceptions to?
Personal integrity. It's sort of the wall to which all other morals are nailed. If you decide a personal moral isn't relevant to you any more and you choose to discard it, that's fair enough, but...if someone's expecting you to compromise something you believe in, or do something that goes strongly against what you hold to be right, be it for the sake of money, peer pressure, approval, fame...then don't do it. Don't allow yourself to be compromised.2) Any hopes, dreams or plans for the future, no matter how big?
I don't really plan that far ahead, but I do want to go to France or Germany next year with my partner; it'll be our first time abroad together.3) Tell me four things you'd love to learn to do in life that you can't already!
I really wish I could sing, but I think my voice is just too ruined for that to ever really be a thing.#
Maybe I'll learn to use some music-making software instead.4) What's your favourite colour, why and how does it make you feel?
Black. Black is a happy colour for me. Ever since I was a child, I've had people saying to me "why are you wearing all black? Doesn't that make you depressed?" The answer is no. It makes me feel happy, comfortable, and like myself.
If I don't know what colour something's meant to be...I'll probably just paint it black just to be on the safe side.5) You're on a desert island, you can take one film, one set of clothes and eat one meal (it's being dropped from a plane in a box, cooked an ever'thin!) for the rest of your life. What do you choose?
Film: My Neighbour Totoro. It's a film that never fails to cheer me up. Bad day: Totoro. Raining: Tororo. Migraine? Totoro. Stranded on desert island? You bet the answer's Totoro, mo-fos.
Clothes: My punk-arees drowelfrocker.deviantart.com/a…
(seriously, the most comfortable and suitable-for-all-situations item of clothing ever), some kneesocks to keep the sun off my burnable limbs, and my New Rocks, which are nigh indestructable, and I can walk all day in.6) What's your biggest day to day fear?
My mental health finally getting the better of me, and just snapping.7) Do you believe in fate?
Nopety McNope.8) Forget present flings and loves; how would your ideal fantasy date go, what would they be like?
Soppy as it sounds, they'd be my actual partner of 5 years, Andy. Nothing that exists only in my head could ever make me as happy as him. We may consume copious amounts of ice cream, watch a sci-fi movie or three, and have a bonfire on the beach until the wee small hours.9) If you could recreate yourself in a character in a world of you choice, who would they be and why?
I'd like to be a hacker in a Shadowrun-esque universe, for the lulz.10) Describe a dream or nightmare you've had, maybe?
When I was about 14, I had a dream that took place in this grey, desolate landscape, a bit like a very large crater. The sky was grey and overcast, and it was...pretty late in the evening, I think? The landscape was pretty featureless, aside from a cocoon, about the size of a tower block, just sort of hanging there in the air.My questions for whoever wants them:
1. When did you first start being interested in art, and did anyone tell you you were 'weird' for it?
2. Is there one word that you just can't spell, no matter how many times you try?
3. If you find yourself laughing at something inside your own head, what's the usual answer you give people when they ask you what you're laughing at?
4. What was your first favourite band, and do you still like them now?
5. Was there anything really weird you wanted to be when you grew up, as a kid?
6. What's the oddest sandwich filling you've ever eaten? Bonus points if you invented it.
7. Is there a possession you consider to be 'lucky'?
8. Have you ever repeatedly stolen an item of clothing off a significant other, housemate or family member and just kept wearing it?
9. Which sounds worse: imploding or exploding?
10. How would the perfect day go?